I've been sick lately my sister gave me a tummy bug. I've got a sore tummy
:( But anyway I'm doing a post on lemon juice for your hair. This is a passed down tip from my Gran.
Okay you probably want to know how this helps your hair. It brings out the natural highlights.
1. Mix 1/4 of a cup of warm water with 1 cup of lemon juice. Combine this in a spray bottle and dampen your hair with it.
2. Wear sunscreen as you will be sitting out in the sun and you need to protect your skin.
3. You will need to sit outside in direct sunlight for at least 60-90 minutes to begin seeing any colour change.
4. Reapply the lemon juice after 90 minutes in the sun and continue to sit in the sun.
5. When your done wash your hair and apply a good amount of conditioner.
6. Expect the following colour change in 3-4 weeks.
Useful information when doing this is----
- Wear tons of sunscreen! It won't completely protect you, but it's better than nothing.
- If you apply the juice to only your natural highlights, you will get streaks. If you deeply saturate your whole head, it will lighten the full colour.
- Be patient! You will need to do this many times to get a big difference.
- Continue this process on multiple days if you don't have much time the first sitting.
- Don't do this too often, since the sun can seriously damage your skin over time. Watch out for sunburn, it's easier to prevent a sunburn than treat it.
- This method may not be that effective if you have dark brown or black hair. Do not overuse; if you use more than one lemon a day, it may add a brassy, odd tint to your hair.
Lots of Love,